2022 Food Waste Solutions Summit
May 10-12, 2022 | Minneapolis, MN
What are the Summit's COVID Healthy & Safety requirements for attendees?
In order to participate at the 2022 Food Waste Solutions Summit presented by ReFED, attendees must either provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test as of May 8, 2022 or later, upon checking in at the registration desk.
We will be using Health Pass by CLEAR, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free CLEAR mobile app. Complete your upload of your vaccination card or negative COVID-19 test with Health Pass by CLEAR ahead of time for expedited check-in and entry to the Summit.
In addition, the organizers ask that you:
- Agree to properly wear a mask or facial covering; covering your nose and mouth at indoor public spaces, including meeting rooms.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority and the instructions of the event organizers.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the state you will be traveling to and the state you are traveling from (including compliance required by airlines or other travel services).
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with
- Stay home if you feel sick and seek medical attention at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
What is included in the Summit registration fee?
Attendance to the Summit, Welcome Reception, Cocktail Reception, 2 breakfasts, and 2 lunches. Registration also covers participating in one, optional, off-site field trip.
How do I sign up for a field trip?
ReFED is offering a series of field trips on May 10, 2022 between 1:00-4:00 PM before the Summit kickoff and Welcome Reception. Sign up for field trips through the registration page. This is on a first come, first serve basis and will close as soon as each field trips max capacity is reached. Travel and fees are covered by ReFED.
Is there an app for the Summit?
This year we will be using a new conference platform/app called Swapcard. We will utilize Swapcard onsite, and as our platform for virtual attendees. All attendees should have received a welcome email on April 26th on how to gain access to the conference platform. Once you login on the web version, please take the time to download the app on your phone, by searching “Food Waste Solutions Summit'' in your iOS or Google Play store.
You can download the Swapcard App here. Please note that you will need to login with the specific email address that you registered with.
I would like to reserve a hotel room in Minneapolis. Which hotel should I contact?
The host hotel for the 2022 Food Waste Solutions Summit is The Graduate Minneapolis is located at 615 Washington Ave SE Minneapolis, MN 55414. Due to our hotel room blocks being sold out, we suggest looking at one of the many hotels in the area listed here.
Is there any public transportation near the venue?
The Minneapolis public transportation system is Metro Transit.
- The Green line, which is a light rail, is accessible one block away from the McNamara Alumni Center on Washington Avenue.
- Metro Transit also offers “free ride” buses that travel to into Downtown Minneapolis.
- Metro Transit Buses 2, 113, 114, 115, 465, and 475 stop just outside McNamara Alumni Center at Oak Street and Washington Avenue. Stop ID: 41248 (heading South) and 40278 (heading North).
For more information on public transit hours and schedules we encourage you to visit metrotransit.org
Are there parking facilities on-site?
Parking at McNamara Alumni Center is connected, by tunnel, to a 500-car parking ramp. Ramp entrance is located on University Ave. Hourly parking is $3.00 per hour with a daily rate of $13.00.
Additional street parking is available along Oak Street and accepts credit cards.
Is valet parking available on-site?
McNamara Alumni Center does not offer valet parking.
Do you have an attendee list to share?
Once you download the Swapcard app, you will be able to view the other attendees that have registered.
What is the suggested attire?
Where can I access the Summit presentations after the event?
All main stage presentations will be live streamed via the conference platform for all in-person attendees and virtual attendees. All breakout sessions will be recorded and input back into the platform 2 weeks post event.